Thursday, July 29, 2010

L-O-V-E

I wrote this in my real journal today and I liked it enough to share here. :)

I've been in India almost 3 weeks now. The time has whooshed by. I feel like just yesterday the big bus pulled onto campus for the first time. I've become such a different person since that first day. That person didn't know what it felt like to be loved by someone they hardly knew or to love them back just as much. I guess that's what I've learned on this trip... Love. Love isn't the way you say or write it. It's how you show it. Saying I love you doesn't begin to cover the many facets of love. Love can be shown by helping a child with their homework, playing with them, and honestly caring how they do at school. Love is a mother waking up at 3 AM to talk to her daughter. Love is sisters being half a world away but able to share a laugh. Love is washing the leprosy afflicted feet and putting your arms around them. They also want to feel love too. But most of all love is people crossing barriers to bridge gaps.

PS My groups theme this year was crossing barriers... Bridging gaps. That explains the last line. :)

EMS

Just a few pics of love





2 comments:

  1. Will you quite making me CRY!?!?!? Sheesh... ;) LOVE YOU!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW This trip did it!!! The best way you will ever become like the Savior is to learn how to Love as he did. I am so happy for you.....

    ReplyDelete