Friday, July 16, 2010

180 Twist


Today went from the worst day to pretty much the best day. I’ve been feeling ostrasized from the group lately and today continued that way. Construction was pretty bad, I felt lonely and not like myself. I know I’m not much of a talker but me not talking at all just felt wrong. I had so much I wanted to say but had a hard time saying. Things were looking pretty bleak when suddenly people started asking me how my day was, how I felt, what I was doing. It felt really good to be noticed and think that somebody cares. I talk to Amy Antonelli today and she is an amazing woman. If I could be 1/10 the person she is I would be very cool and have an awesome life. What made my day the best though was being with my family. These kids are so cute and I love all of them. Ari Krishna asked me to help him on his English because they have exams Monday. He is amazing at reading. I helped him with pronunciation “t-h makes a thh sound.” He got better at it and I told him to get 100% Monday. Another kid started bragging and was like “I’m gonna get 200%.” Another funny thing is they asked me if I was married. “No, not married. I’m only 19. How old did you think I was?” “hmm, 23, 24” “ “Well if I was that old I’d probably be married.” They are cute. I love them and wish I could take them home. But what I can do is sponsor them. If anybody wants to sponsor a child do it! It helps so much here, paying for books, clothes, etc. It enriches these kids lives and makes it so they can go on to bigger and better things. Mom if you’re reading this I definitely want our family to sponsor a child. Ari Krishna or Krishna Morti if we can, otherwise any child. :) Also a few kids tried to do my hair but they ended up just pulling my hair and giving me a headache. These kids are amazing though and I can’t wait to see what they grow up to accomplish.
I did the “I love you” sign to the kids and it’s so cute because they do it back and then we touch fingers. I really do love these kids. It’s going to be so hard to leave here.



I was sad at the beginning of playtime because I couldn’t find Ari Krishna. I kept asking other kids where he was but they didn’t know. Finally he was there and I was so happy. I yelled “Ari Krishna, there you are!” I was so happy to see him I picked him up and gave him a big hug.



He's a great dancer. :)



Two of my most favorite kids, Ari Krishna and Krishna Morti.

No comments:

Post a Comment