Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fabric Shopping! and More at Mahabalapuram

This is the tailor I visited yesterday. I was going to get "Ali Baba" pants from him but he wouldn't have them done til the next day. So I bought fabric instead! I was a little overwhelmed with all the choices at first but I think I made good picks and am so excited to make something with it at home. :)



Sneak peek





It rained while we were in Mahabalapuram. There was a little flood but it's all good. :)




Krishna's Butterball! It's a huge rock on this slope and it looks like it should fall down but doesn't. They've even tried pulling it and it won't budge.



Lookout from one of the temples. Mahabalapuram is famous because of these 7 temples. We saw most of them. I don't know a whole lot about so if you want to know more read a travel guide!



3 comments:

  1. The fabric looks awesome. I really like the pictures that have you in them too. Be sure you keep taking pictures with you there also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rock is pretty cool and kinda bizarre. I bet your pants will be awesome. Did you get so inspired to make things while you were picking out the fabric? BTW I saw the elephant that you made for Amanda. It was so great. Everyone was very impressed. I love the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really just found fabric I liked. I'm sure I'll make something from it. When Madi and I go fabric shopping, we find great fabric deals and then decide what to make from it. This fabric was like $2 a yard! I need to post a pic of my pants! They got wet last night so it'll have to wait. Ah thanks. That elephant is uber cute and I'm glad I could give it to her. I'm sad I missed it. But being here is worth it. :)FYI I'll try to buy you a sari on my after tour but please don't be super bummed if it doesn't work out. Shopping and money exchange are not what I'd thought they'd be. But I'll try. One for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete