Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Etch a Sketch

I write this blog post from a sketchy hotel in Chennai. How we got here is quite the story. India has a way of things happening but working out in the end. So yesterday we flew from Varanasi to Delhi, Delhi to Chennai and got to the Chennai airport at around 10 PM. We collected our luggage and made our way to the International terminal. Upon arriving we realized there were no seats and not really anywhere to get food. We were planning on staying at the airport until our flight home left the next day at 7PM! Something had to be done so me and Griff went up to the check in desk trying to get the Radisson's number (it's close to the airport) so we could at least stay in their lobby or something. It's funny how when you ask an Indian something it passes down a line of people until you finally get the answer you want. We asked a guy for help who then asked another guy, who asked another guy, who then told another guy, until we got the number. I think. They never really gave the number to us. Instead one of those guys found a friend of his who owns a hotel here and he started talking to us to get us to stay at his hotel. At first it seemed kind of sketchy but in the end we realized we couldn't stay at the airport. We negotiated our price and set off for the hotel. It was further away from the airport than we thought it would be but it had everything the guy promised. It slept the four of us (we pushed the two twins together and slept sideways), complimentary Internet (that's how I'm able to blog right now), and complimentary breakfast (well we'll see about the complimentary part. We have yet to eat breakfast) So in the end it all worked out. We got a decent nights sleep and somewhere to chill beside the airport floor for 20 hours. My flight home leaves tonight around 7 (that's 7:30AM for all you people in Utah) and I get to Salt Lake Friday at 6:30PM. The funny thing though is I might go straight from there to join up with my family in California. Brad's all star baseball team won state so they're playing in regions. They might get out though before I get home. I've been doing a lot of traveling. In the past week I'll have taken 9-10 flights (depending on if I take one to California). But the thing is I've enjoyed all the places and people I've been able to see. And would jump at the opportunity to do more. That's why I'm okay with going straight to California. More places to see, things to do, plus I want to be there to cheer for my brother!

"Reunited and it feels so good!" This'll be playing through my head as I "reunite" with all of you at home. :)

Ems

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will be fun to reunite and if we get to do it here in California that will be fun. I'd like you to see the pretty country here. I'm still wanting to go the coast but that would be real fun to do with you.

    ReplyDelete