Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The End..,

My time in India is coming to an end... sniff sniff. I have come to love this country in a way I never could without actually being here. Some reasons I love this country (you might think some of them are weird):

  • The chaos on the streets. Traffic, animals, peoples, it's crazy!
  • Spontaneity - India teaches you that what happens happens and you need to make the best from that
  • Life - I appreciate life and everyone around me so much more now.
  • Shops that blend into each other - Now this one needs some explanation. Back in the states all the shops are really distinct and you know where are based on location and store. Here all the shops look the same and it's easy to get lost but I love it. That's what makes it India. :) Also don't let a facade fool you. The store make look tiny and that it just sells shirts or something but you can find pretty much anything on the streets of India.
  • Cows in the middle of the street - gotta love the whole sacred cow thing
  • Elephants walking on the side of the road - I love elephants and seeing them somewhere besides behind a fence
  • Rabid dogs - not! I wish I could pet the dogs here but I'll save all my dog love for my dogs when I get home. :)
  • Blend of traffic - There's so many different vehicles. Bicycles, scooters, rickshaws, horse drawn carriages (for real, I saw one the other day), and cars. When I get home I'm gonna finally learn to ride my scooter, so I can remember the chaos of Indian traffic which reminds me of something I learned:
The 3 rules of Indian traffic
1. Good horn
2. Good brakes
3. Good luck :)
  • Fashion - All the women dress beautifully. They even wear saris when doing construction! I love how colorful there clothes are. When I get home and you see me wearing orange, green, and purple or something, just know I'm thinking of India.
But one of the reasons I love India so much is the people. They are comfortable with who they are. They don't need to impress you with their fancy cars, or nice job. They are themselves and they're happy with that. I want to take that attitude with me back to the states. Material things don't matter, it's the people in your life that do.

Being on this whole after tour has made me feel like I COULD live in India. I would LOVE to live in India. I'm glad I could experience more of this beautiful country. Goodbye India but the adventure doesn't end here... I'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment